Monday, August 27, 2012

What a difference a year makes...

Readers, how do I even thank you enough?  Where do I even start?

One year and one day ago, I posted a recipe I knew M and I loved and I figured you all would like a whole lot, too.  One year and one day later, that post has gotten nearly 1.6 million hits.  Yes--1,600,000-with seven places and five zeros.  I don't even know what to say.  In my three-and-a-half years of blogging, I'd barely topped 500,000 hits.  What a difference a year and a really good chocolate chip cookie recipe makes.


I know a simple thank you isn't even close to enough, but I'm afraid it's all I can really say from behind my laptop.  You've all taught me to dream bigger, push harder, and remember that even the simplest of things--chocolate chip cookies, a cup of coffee on a chilly morning, an afternoon spent snuggled under a blanket with someone you love--can sometimes bring the most comfort.  Readers, just like these cookies, you truly are the best ever.

6 comments :

Jessica said...

Those were some seriously good cookies! A much deserved success for you!

That Girl said...

Well cookies are the food of the gods ;-)

Virginia said...

Well, you did tell us to stop whatever we were doing and make the cookies! Good recipes must be shared, especially dietary staples like chocolate chip cookies. Congrats on your success- you have earned it!

Natalie said...

further proof that i need to make these, and soon!

Michelle said...

So happy for you!!! I could not tell you how many times I have made this cookie! It is simply AMAZING!!!! Thank you!!

Lori Brusse said...

These cookies are amazing! Now I make the dough, shape them into a log, and freeze them. When my husband and I want some, I just cut how many I want and bake them. Super easy! So good!