This is not the first time I've posted this recipe. I shared it nearly three years ago with an abysmal photo--one so bad I'd like to "reshare" the recipe with you. Since the first time I posted this, I'd like to think I've learned a thing or two about cooking, blogging, and photography. I definitely still have much room for improvement, but I like knowing I'm still learning and growing. I hope I never stop.
Garlic Oven Fries
slightly adapted from Ellie Krieger, The Food You Crave
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBSP canola oil
3 large potatoes--baking, sweet, or mixed
1/2 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
1 TBSP finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Heat the garlic and oil together in a small saucepan over medium heat for two minutes. Strain the garlic from the oil. Set both garlic and oil aside.
3. Cut potatoes into 1/2-in. thick matchsticks. In a large bowl, toss together oil, potatoes, and salt.
4. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the potatoes on it in a single layer. Bake until golden and crisp, about 30 minutes.
5. Remove potatoes baking sheet with a metal spatula. Toss with parsley, reserved garlic, and salt to taste. Serve immediately.