Friday, December 23, 2011

A Holiday Wish

I don't have a recipe to share with you all today.  I'm sorry about that.  It isn't that I haven't been in the kitchen--we all know that's wonderfully impossible during the holidays.  It's just I've been given a couple of gifts this year that have (very gladly) taken my time.  First of all, my little brother, an Army soldier stationed in Italy, has gotten a two week leave and arrived home to American soil Tuesday night.   As if that wasn't fantastic enough, my husband has been given a few surprise days off of work.  Having this much time together is rare and I want to soak up every moment of it.  

I hope all of you are as fortunate as I am this holiday season.  Whatever holiday you celebrate, I pray it is wondrous, magical, and filled with delicious food, deep belly laughs, and the love and comfort of family.  


tiny dancer said...

So nice that he could be home for the holidays. I love these little Christmas miracles :)

Hope you have a happy holiday season <3

Kaitlyn said...

awww that's awesome! Enjoy your time together. I know how important this time much be for your entire family. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

That Girl said...

It's so wonderful you get to spend the holiday with those you love! Merry Christmas!