Thursday, May 20, 2010

Almost There...

I'm going completely and totally nuts in my still-unpacked townhouse. I started packing up my apartment six weeks ago. Six. Weeks. That's six weeks of not knowing where my stuff is, six weeks of not having a place that's clean, and six weeks of having to step over things, walk around things, and move things from one place to another. I'm so tired of it. I just want a place to live that is clean, decorated, and organized. We're close to being able to put things where they belong. But close isn't close enough for me. I'm a type-A girl. I can't take this.

In better news, I have managed to cook twice. I won't be posting either dish on this blog, though. Taco salad and bean and veggie burritos aren't anything to write home about and they certainly aren't anything to write here about. M's grandma is coming over for dinner Sunday, though, so I know I'll be doing some blogworthy cooking for that. I'll see you then. Maybe I'll even be able to post some pictures of my (finally!) put together place.  Keep your fingers crossed...

one year ago: tilapia with sweet peppers and banana-oatmeal scotchie bars 
two years ago: My Mother's Day meal--Mother's Day salad, herb-marinated chicken, grilled herbed peaches, basmati rice with sweet onions and summer herbs, and chocolate Pavlova with Chambord cream and fresh berries

3 comments :

Kelsey said...

oh that is difficult! so tiring and draining.. wow 6 weeks- totally hear what ur saying.

at least grandma is coming! hehe have fun! <3

Sunshine Chronicles said...

yay i can't wait!!

Natalie said...

Hang in there, I'd be going crazy. Can't wait for your blog return!! :)