Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am one lucky lady, readers. I'm writing you from my family's house in Mexico where we're prepping for another delicious Thanksgiving meal. We have more food than we'll ever be able to eat. I'm bringing my traditional holidays contributions, pumpkin cheesecake with bourbon-sour cream topping and vanilla-bourbon cranberry sauce. Being here makes me realize even more what a luxury this is, especially this year when so many families are struggling, economically. Yet my family fills up two very large homes right on the beautiful Sea of Cortez. We are so blessed.

I've got family that loves me, friends who would (and have) done anything and everything for me, and a boyfriend who lets me love him and take care of him (and cook for him!) each and every day. I have never felt more fortunate in my life. God really has been watching over me.

I hope, readers, that you're reading this from your comfortable home where you're surrounded by loved ones. Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments :

Just Breathe said...

It sounds like a perfect day. Enjoy the wonderful food and have a blessed Thanksgiving Day.

Julie Capellas Jennings said...

Miss you!!! Consider this tag....