I've had this recipe bookmarked for quite some time and I sure am glad I finally got around to making it. It was simple to prep and yielded yummy, healthy results. Gotta love that!
Peruvian Chicken Soup
adapted from www.allrecipes.com
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into one-inch chunks
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 c. tablespoons olive oil
3/4 medium onion, chopped
3/4 tsp. minced garlic
2-1/4 tsp. seeded, minced serrano chile
1/3 c. chopped cilantro
1 c. green peas
1 c. corn
1 red bell pepper, chopped
8 c. chicken broth
3 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into one-inch chunks
3/4 c. uncooked white rice (I omitted)
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
2. Stir in the onion, garlic, and serrano chili; cook until the onion has softened, about 1 minute.
3. Add the chicken, and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the cilantro, peas, corn, and red pepper; cook for 1 minute.
5. Pour in the chicken broth, potatoes, and rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the chicken is opaque and the potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Serves 6.
One year ago: Blackberry Banana Muffins