Grilled Margherita Pizza
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1/2 batch thin-crust pizza dough (I used store bought fresh pizza dough)
all-purpose flour for dusting
6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 c. baby arugula
1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
kosher salt, to taste
fresh black pepper, to taste
Directions:1. Prepare a hot fire in a grill and preheat a grill-top pizza stone for at least 30 minutes, until the thermometer on the stone registers 500ºF. Alternately, place pizza stone in oven while oven heats to 500 degres.
2. In a small fry pan over low heat, warm the olive oil. Add the garlic, then remove the pan from the heat.
3. Using a rolling pin or your hands, gently roll out or stretch the pizza dough into a 10-inch round. Lightly dust a pizza peel with flour and lay the dough on top.
4. Lightly brush the dough with the garlic-infused olive oil. Scatter the mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheeses evenly over the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Arrange half of the tomatoes on top.
5. Carefully slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone, cover the grill and bake until the crust is golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Scatter the remaining tomatoes, the arugula and basil on top and season with salt. Using the pizza peel, transfer the pizza to a cutting board and cut into slices. Serve immediately. Serves 2 to 4.