Paula Deen's holiday special edition, 2007
1 1/2 c. gumdrops (If you can only find spice drops, pick out the green and white ones)
1 c. butter
½ c. sugar
½ c. light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. salt
2 c. quick-cooking oats
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with silpat mats, parchment paper, or foil turned to dull side.
2. Using scissors cut gumdrops into halves or thirds. set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixture until creamy.
4. Add eggs, one at the time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
5. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until combined.
6. Stir in oats and gumdrops by hand. (Get ready for a work out!)
7. Roll dough into 1” balls or scoop out using standard-sized scoop. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets, and bake 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
8. Let cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Thanks to Joelen at Joelen's Culinary Adventures for hosting another wonderful month of Tasty Tools, this time featuring baking sheets and jellyroll pans!