Summer Fruit Salad with Sambuca
1 pint strawberries
1 c. blackberries
1 c. blueberries
1/4 c. sugar, plus more as needed (the fruit was already sweet, so I only used about 1/6 c.)
grated zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon, plus more as needed
2 TBSP anise liqueur, such as sambuca or anisette, plus more as needed
Directions:1. Hull the strawberries and halve or quarter if large. Peel and dice the mango. Dice the plum and nectarine.
2. In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, mango, plum, nectarine, blackberries and blueberries.
3. Add the 1/4 cup sugar, the lemon zest, the juice of 1/2 lemon and the 2 Tbs. sambuca and stir well.
4. Dice the banana and stir into the salad.
5. Taste and add more sugar, lemon juice or sambuca, if needed.
6. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to overnight, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust the flavorings before serving. Serves 4 to 6.