Ciabatta Pizza with Gorgonzola, Walnut Pesto, and Pears
found on epicurious.com
originally in Bon Appetit, September 2005
2 c. walnuts
1 c. olive oil
1/4 c. honey
2 TBSP chopped fresh thyme
1 loaf ciabatta bread (about 1 1/3 lbs.), halved horizontally
10 oz. thinly sliced Havarti cheese
6 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, cut crosswise into strips
2 pears, halved, cored, thinly sliced
2/3 c. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
2 c. arugula
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Toast nuts on baking sheet until brown, about 6 minutes. Maintain oven temperature.
3. Transfer hot nuts to processor. Add oil, honey, and thyme; blend until nuts are finely chopped. Season pesto to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Place bread halves, cut side up, on baking sheet.
5. Spread pesto over bread, about 1 cup per side. Top with Havarti.
6. Bake until bubbly and golden, about 12 minutes.
7. Top with prosciutto, then pears and Gorgonzola. Tuck in arugula. Sprinkle with pepper.