When the weather starts to warm up, I start craving lighter dishes. I don't want to give up on flavor, though! I've adapted the recipe from a Giada de Laurentiis chicken marinade. It is extremely easy and doesn't take a lot of advanced planning. The flavors are strong, but very light.
I didn't include instructions for the actual cooking because it could be done however you wish. I like to cook the chops (or chicken breasts) in a pan, but grilling or baking would also be great.
Lemon Fennel Pork Chops
adapted from Giada de Laurentiis
2 large or 3 medium garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
2 tsp. fennel seeds, crushed
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried rubbed sage
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 c. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil salt and pepper to taste
1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs. pork chops
1. Put garlic and all herbs in a small bowl.
2. Squeeze lemon juice over garlic and herbs.
3. Add olive oil in a constant stream while whisking.
4. Put pork chops and marinade in a plastic zip-top bag. Give the chops a rub to ensure that herbs stick.
5. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight. Turn bag over halfway through the time.