In March the wind blows down the door and spill my soup upon the floor.
It laps it up and roars for more.
Blowing once, blowing twice, blowing chicken soup with rice.
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
from the Midwest
6 TBSP. butter
1 TBSP. minced onion
1/2 c. flour
2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans chicken broth
2 c. ooked wild rice
1/2 c. finely grated carrots
1/2 c. cooked chicken
1 1/2 TBSP. chopped silvered almonds
1 c. half and half
1/2 tsp. salt
Snipped parsley or chives for garnish
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter and saute onion until tender.
2. Blend in flour and then gradually add broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
3. Stir in wild rice, carrots, chicken, almonds, and salt. Simmer about 5 minutes.
4. Blend in half and half and heat to serving temperature. If too thick, you may thin with chicken broth.
5. Garnish with snipped parsley or chives.